Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2018/09
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Friday, 21 September 2018 15:43
Written by Editor
- The competition for the animated film has been resolved. Balanced live better (II pp.)
- Local reports (2)
- Innovative Center of Nutritional Sciences at SGGW
- Another initiative of the "Poland-Belarus-Ukraine" program
- Winners of FNP competitions known
- Less and less air in the air. Interview with Emilia Piotrowska, PhD student at the Economic and Social College of the Warsaw School of Economics (3)
- Smog and health - Germany wants to improve air quality (4)
- Sources of pollution
- Health threats
- Arrest for smog?
- Conclusions for clean air
- Capital plan (6)
The main assumptions of the Employee Capital Plans system
Economists are relatively optimistic
- Filter respirators for protection against smog (8)
The commercially available filtering half masks designed to protect against smog do not meet the requirements for protection against aerosols (dusts, fumes), and even more so against chemical substances occurring in smog, they are often not marked with the CE mark. The article provides legal requirements and presents the basic methods for assessing the effectiveness of such a half-mask, because it is to be a safe product for a potential user. The influence of the half-mask structure on its protective and functional parameters was discussed. It is important to use an appropriate filter respirator marked with the CE mark when there is smog in atmospheric air.
- Firefighter's preferences for undergarments and underwear - survey results (14)
A firefighter is exposed to hot factors in the form of, for example, flame or hot objects and surfaces related to the work environment. As a result of the combination of protective clothing and physical exercise in a hot microclimate, an unfavorable hydrothermal condition is created under the clothing, causing thermal discomfort. Increased comfort and safety of firefighters can be obtained, among others, by properly good underwear / undergarments, taking into account the production of materials supporting the removal of sweat, steam and heat, limiting the accumulation of heat. In order to obtain information about the bottom clothing and underwear most often used under protective clothing and to learn about preferences and expectations in this respect, surveys were carried out among firemen who are exposed to hot factors during fire-fighting activities.
- Anxiety and stress - how do policemen deal with them? Results of own research (18)
The article presents the results of research on anxiety as a current state or as a personality trait, the level of stress experienced and ways of coping with it by police officers of the Criminal Department and Prevention and Traffic. Assumptions about the purpose of the study indicated a higher level of anxiety and stress in the police officers of the Criminal Department. These hypotheses were related to the nature of the uniformed work of a given branch. The nature of this professional specialization is influenced by environmental work conditions, dynamism of changes, the presence of criminogenic factors and the importance of tasks aimed at combating criminal crime. The more risk factors, the better the remediation strategies should be. These assumptions have been confirmed. Police officers from the Criminal Department demonstrated a task-oriented approach to solving problems and tensions, which increases efficiency and effectiveness in the profession and prevents burnout.
- Work ergonomics and locomotor disorders among dentists (22)
During work, dentists are exposed to many factors affecting the condition of the musculoskeletal system. The main one is the static nature of work caused by the adoption of a forced body position. The aim of the article was to show the relationship between the application of ergonomic principles in the professional work of dentists and the occurrence of musculoskeletal disorders. In addition, the knowledge of the principles of dental ergonomics in this group was assessed. Based on a survey conducted among 79 dentists, the assessment of knowledge and application of the principles of work ergonomics and the occurrence of complaints within the musculoskeletal system was made. Only 4% of dentists took a break from each patient, while as many as 18% worked without interruption. The vast majority (84%) of dentists during the dental procedure assumed a sitting position. Over half (54%) of dentists worked with the assistance. Among people who suffer from back pain in the cervical segment more than half, because 54% of people worked in a position with their neck tilted to the right. Most of the principles of ergonomics are used incorrectly, therefore they should be adjusted individually to a particular dentist, taking into account its physical capabilities, geometry of the work environment, the scope of activities performed, as well as personal preferences.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Civil law contracts under the PIP (28)
The issue of employing, on the basis of civil law contracts, people working de facto "full-time" was the subject of the August Labor Protection Council sessions. The basis for the discussion on the effectiveness of recent legal regulations were studies prepared by the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Policy and the National Labor Inspectorate.
- Latte notes (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Cases in which the work permit of a foreigner is issued irrespective of the specific conditions for issuing work permits for foreigners - amendment of the Regulation
- Licenses and certificates of qualification of air traffic services personnel - amendment of the Regulation
- Free legal assistance - change of the act
- Answering our readers’ questions (31)
- What does it mean to determine the initial capital in ZUS?
- What documents for issuing a pension can be issued by archives?
- Will I be able to submit the testimony of witnesses to the performance of work at the Social Security Institution?
- ZUS is considering my application for a bridging pension. On what basis does the payment of this pension take place?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list