Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka 2018/10
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Monday, 22 October 2018 14:39
Written by Editor
- Local reports (2)
- Polish universities in the world ranking "Financial Times"
- 1.7 million dollars for the neptune.pl startup
- The call for proposals is launched in the START 2019 program
- Hazardous chemical substances. “Cancerogenic substances at workplace" conference (3)
- II Forum of the National Association of Workers in Occupational Health and Safety (4)
For the second time, experts and specialists in broadly understood occupational safety met at the Forum for Employees of the Health and Safety Service organized by the Nationwide Association to continue the reflection on the contemporary OSH service, its problems and the challenges it must face.
- The situation of persons with disabilities on Poland’s labor market and its determinants (6)
The aim of the article is to analyze the situation of disabled people on the Polish labor market and identify key determinants. The analysis is carried out in two aspects: legal (state of legal regulations, regulating the status of disabled people on the Polish labor market on March 31, 2018) and empirical (values of indicators that can serve the description of the situation of disabled people on the Polish labor market in the period 2007-2017 ). The analysis focuses on the population of persons having a disability certificate for employment purposes, as only such persons are entitled to special treatment on the Polish labor market.
- Managing the positioning of auditory impaired people within an organization (9)
The processes of globalization and the aging of the population cause attempts to look for wider professional activity of passive groups on the labor market, such as people with hearing impairments. The article presents the main theoretical aspects and results of questionnaire surveys, showing the status and forms of positioning of deaf people in the organization. The main problems appearing in theory and the diversity of status and opinion in organizational practice as well as recommendations for theory and practice were pointed out.
- Forms of employment and attitudes to work in selected construction companies (12)
The article covers the issues of employment forms and attitudes towards work measured by means of internal motivation to work, job satisfaction and employee loyalty towards the organization. From the perspective of primary identity (gender, age), secondary identity (place of residence, education) and organizational identity (occupational position, seniority), the behavior of people in the organization in the context of the form of employment was considered, based on the conducted research. The article uses selected subject literature and a fragment of own research results. These studies were carried out in the years 2012-2014 in the Małopolskie voivodship in enterprises operating in the construction industry in the private sector.
- Evaluation of demands seen as either challenges or hindrances and its impact on the effectiveness and well-being of employees (15)
The aim of the article is to present a concept regarding the twofold nature of work requirements: requirements - challenges and requirements - obstacles. A theory developed by Cavanaugh and co-workers (2000) was described, and research was conducted on the relationship of challenges and obstacles to the functioning of employees: their well-being, efficiency, attitudes towards work. The results of the described research indicate that the requirements - challenges are rather positively related to the functioning of employees, and the requirements - the obstacles are negative, but these results are not unambiguous. The individual perception of work requirements seems to be important here: do employees perceive them as requirements or as obstacles. Research also indicates the role of individual and psychosocial resources as moderators and mediators in the relationship between challenges and obstacles and the functioning of employees. The article indicates the directions of further research in this area.
- Inequalities on the labor market: BPO and SSC in Poland (18)
The aim of the article is to analyze inequalities in the context of gender, parenthood and disabilities occurring on the labor market in the BPO and SSC sectors in Poland. The study describes the BPO and SSC sectors and the areas of their general operation. The essence of inequality in the labor market was also presented. In addition, the results of empirical studies on the occurrence of inequalities in the sphere of work in the aspect of gender, parenthood and disability in the analyzed organizations are discussed. In the article, using the descriptive method, both the literature on the subject and the results of own empirical research were analyzed.
- 89th meeting of the Interministerial Commission for Highest Acceptable Concentrations and Intakes of Workers Harmful to Health in the Work Environment (21)
- The CIOP-PIB research stand for studies of spatial sound perception with the use of ambisonic technique (24)
In acoustic conditions, acoustic signals can be a source of information affecting the safety of employees. Possibilities of sound perception, directional hearing or spatial orientation of people in the work environment depend on a number of factors, such as acoustic properties of the work room, noise and its parameters, hearing losses, the use of hearing protection or hearing protections. The study of the impact of these factors on the abovementioned possibilities (perception, directional hearing, orientation) requires the use of surround sound and is essential for creating safe working conditions. The article presents basic information on ambisonics as one of the spatial sound processing techniques. Characterization of the performance at the Central Institute for Labor Protection - National Research Institute is a laboratory stand for conducting (using the ambiosonic technique) the study of sound perception, directional hearing and spatial orientation of people.
- Labour Protection Council in session (28)
- Notes latte (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Assessment of physical and mental ability to serve in the Internal Security Agency - amendment of the Regulation
- Exam for persons applying for agency activities, distribution operations of an insurance undertaking and reinsurance undertaking's distribution operations - new regulation
- The method and mode of determining the circumstances and causes of accidents at the Police, Border Guard, State Fire Service and the Government Protection Bureau - amendment of the ordinance
- Models of authorization to perform the occupation of road transport operator and models of licenses for road transport and extracts from these documents - amendment of the Regulation
- Answering our readers' questions (31)
- When should the application for retirement be considered?
- What obligations rest upon the employer in the area of retirement and pension benefits
- Will the Social Insurance Institution calculate and also grant compensation for onerous work if the certificate of employment is attached to the submitted application for retirement? They are a testimony defining work in special conditions
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list