Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2018/11
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Monday, 26 November 2018 15:48
Written by Editor
- State awards for CIOP-PIB and its employees (II pp.)
- Local reports (2)
- The National Center for Science Awards 2018 distributed
- The first Polish MOOC platform is already working
- European Technology Forum in Katowice
- Extraclass safety. XXI conference of the Safe Work Leaders Forum, 5-7.11.2018, Wrocław (3)
- Art competition for students "My safe place of study" (5)
- Omnipresent asbestos - how to safely remove it. Conference, 10/10/2018, Wrocław (6)
- This wonderful, dangerous chemistry. Conference, 23/10/2018, Łódź (8)
In three years, the ban on using disposable plastic items will come into force - MEPs have just voted on the draft related provisions.
- Assessment of knowledge of nurses in the operating theater in the field of radiological protection - results of own research in a selected institution (10)
The work of nurses carries the risk of occupational exposure to harmful factors. Each workplace may have a distinct specificity, which affects the type of professional exposure related to the profession. The operating block is a highly specialized workplace, where radiation is one of the threats. As X-ray scans are used in an increasing number of surgical procedures, the aim of the study was to assess the level of knowledge of nursing staff in the selected operating theater on ionizing radiation and radiological protection principles. The diagnostic survey was used as the research method, in which the author's questionnaire was used. The study was attended by 45 nurses employed in the operating theater. The results obtained indicate that nursing staff have knowledge about medium-level radiation protection. It was observed that along with the length of seniority in the operating theater, not only the level of knowledge in the field of radiological protection increases, but more importantly - it translates in practice to comply with general radiological protection guidelines, as well as the use of individual worker protection measures.
- The role of the occupational health service nurse (15)
Work is a special value, and therefore protected by Polish law. Professional activity consisting in the health protection of an employee is, in its most literal sense, occupational medicine. Personnel performing tasks of occupational medicine are properly educated doctors, nurses and psychologists. Nurses can acquire the skills necessary to perform tasks of occupational medicine by participating in education at the postgraduate level, namely through the completion of an appropriate course or specialized training. Acquiring the required professional competences allows them to perform tasks of occupational medicine, which include protection of employees' health against occupational risk factors in their work environment, as well as health prevention and health monitoring.
- Assessment of the position of the forearms and wrists during professional activities by a dental hygienist (20)
The aim of the research described in the article was to assess the exposure of 210 dental hygienists to the load on the forearms and wrists. The questionnaire was developed according to the Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA) method. Based on the obtained results, it was found that 42.4% of respondents take unfavorable position of the right forearm during professional activities, and 43.3% - the left forearm. Unfavorable tilting of the right wrist was marked by 37.1% of the respondents, and 43.8% of the left wrist. Additional twisting and tilting to the side of the wrists was 83.8% for the left wrist and 84.3% for the right wrist. The obtained results confirm the high level of exposure of dental hygienists to the load on the forearms and wrists. This indicates the urgent need to implement preventive measures and the need for periodic check-ups.
- Working, but poor. Selected aspects of the "poor working" phenomenon in Europe - taxonomic analysis (23)
The article addresses the problem of working people, but nevertheless struggling with poverty / poverty. The phenomenon of working poor has been subjected to a taxonomic analysis, in which the subjective scope is limited to selected European countries (especially EU Member States and EFTA), and the time scope to the last years (2005-2016). The aim of the article is to present the relationship between work and poverty and / or poverty on European labor markets, including the definition of the level and structure of "working poor". In order to achieve such a research goal, the results of the European Union Statistics on Income and Living Conditions were used, and thanks to information obtained from the Eurostat database, comparable statistical analyzes were carried out. On the basis of the results, it can be concluded that there is a working poor phenomenon in Europe, and that the future may get stronger and pose a serious challenge for European labor markets.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- The budget of the National Labor Inspectorate in 2019 without secrets (28)
- Notes latte (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Entry requirements for hydrographic measurements – regulation
- Medical qualification course of the minister competent for internal affairs – regulation
- Medical examinations of persons applying for driving and driving licenses - amendment of the Regulation
- Adjudication on the state of health of an academic teacher for the purpose of granting leave for the improvement of health - new regulations
- Answering our readers’ questions (31)
- In the case of making a living in retirement, what job is covered by the obligation to pay social security contributions, and from which you have to settle?
- During the collection of documents needed for the award of a pension - given in addition to the usual work of the so-called agricultural periods - how to document them?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list