Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2019/03
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Thursday, 21 March 2019 19:24
Written by Editor
- New campaign "Fashionable safety" (II pp.)
- Local reports (2)
- Index Start2star - scholarships for high school graduates
- The REGIOSTARS Awards 2019 competition has been launched
- Scholarship competition of the Pilecki Institute
- The work rejuvenates. Summary of the campaign for older workers (3)
Older employees constitute a unique capital in enterprises, dominating experience, as well as social and professional skills over young employees. As an "older" employee is usually referred to as "50+". Loss of such employees means damage to the company, supplementing which is impossible or expensive. Older people are efficient employees, and in generational teams they support the transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Healthy reactions. Interview with Mateusz Banaszkiewicz, a graduate of the Psychology Department at the SWPS University (6)
- Safe use, processing and production of nanomaterials (8)
We live in interesting times, in which some solutions from science fiction movies from a few years ago now become a reality. The main impulses of civilization development are today: widely available, fast internet and the development of nanotechnology. The first of these gave us almost unlimited access to knowledge and the possibility of cooperation with practically every person in the world. The second - for materials with unique physical, chemical and biological characteristics. Nanomaterials.
- Fire and explosive properties of plant raw materials used in the production of compound feed (11)
Extremely large scale of grain processing causes that the risk of incidents related to ignition and dust explosion is very high. Only in 2018 there were many outbreaks associated with the storage and transport of vegetable bulk materials, the largest of which took place in May in South Sioux City, Nebraska (USA). Poland is one of the largest cereal producers in Europe and one of the largest in the world. Annual cereal production in Poland is about 35 million tons, including approx. 10 million tons of wheat, 5 million tons of grain, 4 million tons of barley and 1.5 million tons of oats. This amount of grain material causes a high probability of failure during the storage, transport and processing. Among all dust explosions, dust explosions in the food and agricultural and fodder industry account for nearly 25%, with silos, dedusting and ventilation systems most vulnerable to explosions (including dryers and warehouses for drying cereals).
- Flash point and explosion points - a study of the similarity of selected explosion parameters of hazardous substances (15)
The article contains considerations on the differences and similarities of two explosive parameters, i.e. the temperature of ignition and explosion points. A review of the literature was made, the results of experimental and model research on explosion points, also called temperature explosion limits, were discussed. The tests were carried out in accordance with the PN-EN 15794 standard, which refers to the determination of explosive parameters of a vapor of flammable liquids. The publication also contains the insights of the authors on conducting these tests, as well as a study of the usefulness of methods for estimating the aforementioned parameters. The results obtained can be used to improve the safety of technological processes that include flammable liquids.
- Management according to the concept of resilence engineering and lean management - a comparison in the context of occupational health and safety (20)
Resilence engineering and lean management are management concepts that use a different philosophy. While lean management deals, to a large extent, with the optimization of the functioning of an organization in a particular state and operating in a given environment, the task that resilience engineering sets itself is to prepare the organization to avoid or face difficulties, including unpredictable ones. The article attempts to answer the question to what extent these concepts on theoretical grounds are mutually exclusive, and how they can be treated complementarily.
- Exposure of travelers to vibrations and noise depending on the type of transport - results of pilot studies (23)
For some time, residents of large cities have been encouraged to change their way of moving, that is, change from passenger cars to public transport vehicles. This is to help reduce problems related to traffic jams and air pollution. The authors of the article decided to check if such a change is also beneficial from the point of view of the comfort and health of the traveler. For this purpose, the values of vibration accelerations and sound levels, to which persons traveling around Krakow are exposed, depending on the choice of the means of transport, were examined. Measurements were carried out for three types of transport means - cars, buses and trams. The article presents a comparison between the values of measured vibroacoustic parameters in the time domain, and an attempt to assess vibrations and noise, taking into account their impact on the health and comfort of the traveler, was also undertaken.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Latte notes (29)
- Change in law (30)
- Ensuring safe learning, upbringing and care conditions by organizing canteens and eating places - new regulations
- Military and medical qualification courses - new regulation
- Answering our readers’ questions (31)
- From 1 March 2019, the law on supplementary pensions for mothers with at least four children entered into force - more information
- Which work periods are not taken into account for working in special conditions or of a special character?
- Will the calculation of the amount of initial capital, which will be part of the Social Security retirement pension, be added to the period of military service?
- What is the difference between permanent and long-term damage to health?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list