Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2019/12
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Wednesday, 25 December 2019 13:26
Written by Editor
- Local reports (2)
- Model of support for the disabled in the work environment (3)
"Almost all work can be done by people with disabilities, and in the right environment most people with disabilities can be productive" - such conclusions can be found in the World Disability Report developed by the World Health Organization and the World Bank
- Employment support for people with disabilities - solutions and tools (4)
On November 20, 2019, a conference summarizing the project was held in Warsaw regarding the development and dissemination of a support model for people with disabilities in the work environment. Activities carried out under this project were aimed at promoting solutions and tools proposed in the model in the environment of employers employing people with disabilities or interested in employing such people.
- More awards for Safe Work Leaders (6)
For the 21st time, the Central Institute for Labor Protection - National Research Institute honored companies and institutions conducting particularly effective activities in the area of improving safety and protecting human health. The ceremony of handing out the cards to Safe Work Leaders was preceded by a conference, which this year was held at the Tech-Safe-Bio Institute laboratories opened in 2016.
- End of campaign, beginning of campaign. Bilbao, Spain (8)
- Antibiotic-resistant pathogens in the work environment (9)
Although antibiotic resistance is an important and growing public health problem, there is still a low awareness of the risks of drug-resistant microorganisms among the public, medical staff and non-healthcare entrepreneurs. It is estimated that antimicrobial resistance of pathogens causes the death of over 33,000 a year. people in the European Union, and the economic costs associated with healthcare and declining employee productivity are estimated at least EUR 1.5 billion a year. This article introduces readers to knowledge about the mechanisms of antibiotic resistance and poultry spreading. In addition, the available preventive measures to limit their spread in the work environment were analyzed.
- Trust and social and professional functioning (2). Confidence at work - a resource of the highest need (14)
The second part of the article presents the results of research on the relationship between trust and job security in an enterprise. The cited research results indicate that trust exerts an indirect influence on key factors of OSH organization in the enterprise, such as leadership and safety climate, mainly by influencing employee involvement in safety. The article also draws attention to the negative impact of trust on maintaining an appropriate level of security in the enterprise, through the formation of a harmful phenomenon of captainosis. Also presented are the results of statistical data analysis, derived from publicly available research, on the relationship between trust and the taking of dangerous behavior and actions incompatible with generally applicable norms and behavior patterns, as well as working conditions and socio-demographic characteristics.
- Demand for market qualifications in the opinion of Regional Health and Safety Centers (19)
The Act of 22 December 2015 on the Integrated Qualifications System created the opportunity to recognize qualifications acquired irrespective of how they learn. Competences obtained outside the formal education system, i.e. outside the school and university, are often valuable for the labor market, but not always legible and recognizable. Transforming them into professional qualifications (market or partial) increases the market opportunities of individuals and employers. The idea of lifelong learning is growing. The aim of the article is to analyze the market experience of Regional Health and Safety Centers in the context of the possibilities and legitimacy of introducing market qualifications in the field of OSH. The article gives the floor to respondents. Numerously quoted statements illustrate the state of OSH on a daily basis and talk about the feelings and many years of experience related to the market. The quoted statements about new opportunities to obtain professional qualifications at the same time point to old, still present problems in the area of OSH. The most important of these is the need to improve the training of specialists, better practical preparation for the profession and to raise employers' awareness of OSH issues.
- Comparison of the results of tests on human heat load in hot environments with the results obtained from the numerical simulation (24)
Comparison of the results of tests performed in a climatic chamber with the participation of volunteers in ambient conditions with the forecasts from the numerical simulation made with the PHS program showed their satisfactory compliance. This confirms the possibility of using the PHS program to forecast human heat load in an extreme hot environment, when the water vapor pressure in the surrounding environment exceeds the value of 4.5 kPa, adopted in the PN-EN ISO 7933: 2005 standard as the maximum value of the standard range.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland met
- The OSH training system needs to be changed (28)
- Awards Halina Krahelska presented. XXVI final of the National Labor Inspectorate competition (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Change in the statistical pattern of an accident card at work
- Act on fishing vessels
- Medical and psychological examinations of persons applying for an entry or having an entry on the list of qualified physical security staff - amendment of the annexes to the Regulation
- Answering our readers' questions (31)
- In the event of deterioration of health, can I apply to ZUS for a re-examination and change of the accident-related disability pension certificate, and thus for an increase in disability pension?
- Under which provisions is the employer required to issue a certificate of employment and remuneration for retirement and disability purposes for periods after January 1, 1999?
- In the case of applying for the so-called disability benefit What benefits will be included in the calculation of the threshold of PLN 1,600?
- How is the amount of the supplementary benefit calculated?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list