- Application of the scoring method to estimate the admissibility level of the adopted models for predicting the number of accidents in the mining industry
The publication presents an analysis of the usefulness of the scoring method for estimating the level of admissibility of the adopted models for predicting the number of accidents in hard coal mines. On the basis of data on total accidents in 2007-2018, short-term forecasts of the total number of accidents in the “Brzeszcze”, “Budryk” and “Mysłowice-Wesoła” mines were developed using 25 selected econometric models. A standardized weight summary score (SWOS) was used to evaluate the forecasts.
- Radio rescue communication system SWAR-2 - polemics
The editor-in-chief of the monthly received an open letter dated August 9 from Mrs Joanna Plachetta, president of the management board of 2rhp from Ruda Śląska, containing a polemic with the article published in No. 7 of the monthly from 2022 by Antoni Wojaczek, Kazimierz Miśkiewicz, Grzegorz Galowy and Bartosz Jakóbiński entitled "SWAR-2 rescue radio communication system". We publish its content in the original version (except for the division into paragraphs imposed by the editors). The editors of the monthly do not take a position on the substantive issues raised in the list, leaving it to the authors of the article to respond to them. Their response is included below, thus ending the polemic devoted to the article.
- Offshore oil rigs – places that never sleep
- Krzemionki Opatowskie: a journey to the prehistory of mining
- Mineral water straight from the mine
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy i Ochrona Środowiska w Górnictwie (Work Safety and Environmental Protection in Mining) - the whole list