Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2021/06
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Wednesday, 30 June 2021 10:28
Written by Editor
- Competition for the poster of work safety entitled "Industry 4.0" and an art competition for children entitled "A real hero wears a mask" (cover page II)
- Country News (2)
- The ninth edition of the COPERNICUS competition begins
- PARP and NCBR will select the winners of the Polish Product of the Future competition
- The National Science Center will allocate almost PLN 668 million to the implementation of basic research
- ILO and WHO warn: overtime is a risk factor for heart disease and strokes (3)
Over the past few decades, the number of people who work chronically in three overtime (i.e. longer than their standard working hours) has been steadily increasing to reach the level of 47 and 9 million worldwide in 2021. This means that as much as 9% of the population is overworked, and the test results leave no thieves: it is a serious risk factor for heart disease and strokes.
- Physical activity as a way of coping with occupational stress (4)
The article discusses occupational stress in the aspect of taking up physical activity by employees who started working remotely during the pandemic. It has been shown that taking up physical activity promotes the fight against stress, helps to distance yourself from problems related to work, but also has a positive effect on the overall quality of life of employees. The results of the conducted research have also shown that taking up physical activity, such as running, allows employees to relax, rest and thus take care of mental hygiene.
- The HORECA sector discusses sanitary safety (9)
on April 29 this year. Professionals working in the supply and catering industry across Europe met during the virtual summit "Tissue paper - a smart choice", organized by the European Association of Paper Producers. Ventilation and disposable towels are the key to safety in the new normality.
- Physiological muscle tremors - the influence of selected external factors. Literature review (10)
The article deals with issues related to the phenomenon of physiological muscle tremors, which occur with varying degrees of intensity in all people without exception. The influence of external factors (ie stimulants, fatigue, sleep deprivation) on physiological muscle tremors was described. In the case of increased muscle tremors, there may be reduced motor skills and weakened eye-hand coordination, which may reduce the precision of activities.
- Enteropathogenic viruses in the work environment of wastewater treatment plant employees (14)
Wastewater discharged into wastewater treatment plants may contain pathogenic viruses, and therefore employees of these plants constitute a professional group exposed to contact with these harmful biological agents in the course of their professional activities. The sources of these pathogens can be both bioaerosol, emitted during technological processes, as well as sewage, sewage sludge or contaminated surfaces. Exposure to poatogenic strains of viruses can cause a variety of diseases and health conditions, including both intestinal and parenteral infections. The main elements of the prevention of occupational hazards in this group of employees should be reliable risk assessment and the use of appropriate preventive measures.
- Meat production and the associated occupational exposure to harmful biological factors (19)
The article presents the most important zoonotic factors and the routes of their spread in slaughter, meat cutting and meat processing plants, as well as the basic preventive measures.
- Knowledge base on personal protective equipment in the internet portal - expectations of future users (24)
In accordance with the occupational health and safety regulations in force in Poland and other European Union Member States resulting from the EU framework directive 89/391/EEC, personal protective equipment should be used by employers as the ultimate protection of the employee against risks.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Program for Co-financing the Activities of Contribution Payers - an important element of accident prevention (29)
The meeting of the ROP on May 25 was devoted to the program of the Social Insurance Institution, aimed at co-financing contribution payers in their activities to prevent accidents at work and occupational diseases.
- Changes in law (30)
- This position is important for ensuring nuclear safety and radiological protection
- Training confirming professional preparation to perform or manage a business in the field of manufacturing and trading in explosives, weapons, ammunition, as well as products and technology for military or police purposes
- Cases where the activity related to exposure to ionizing radiation does not require a permit, notification or notification, and cases where it can be performed on the basis of a notification or notification
- We answer readers' questions (31)
- Adjudicating on the advisability of professional retraining
- Issuing a decision on a training pension
- Notification of receiving a training pension
- Suspension of payment of the training pension
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - the whole list