UDT Inspektor (TIA Inspector) 2022/01
Category: UDT Inspektor
Published: Tuesday, 10 May 2022 11:25
Written by Editor
- Technology is our passion - interview with Anna Chylińska, director of the Human Resources Department at the Office of Technical Inspection (4)
- Nuclear energy - the role of the Office of Technical Inspection (8)
Recent years have been a period of a rapidly changing situation on the energy generation and distribution market, and now these changes are gaining momentum. A modern economy requires access to reliable, low-cost, high-efficiency and high-flow electricity sources, as well as access to the necessary fuel.
- Hydrogen - safe storage - part 4 (14)
In this part of the article, we will present the subject of hydrogen storage, which is a challenge for its further effective implementation in individual industries. So the question that we are going to answer together is: "Can we (and if so) store hydrogen safely?"
- Upper tier and lower tier establishments - SEVESO III Directive (22)
One of the significant hazards, especially in industrialized countries, is the threat of major industrial accidents, which can often have catastrophic consequences. These are failures in technological or storage facilities with large amounts of chemicals that are hazardous to health, life and the environment. The European Union has created a legal framework indicating ways to prevent and manage risks in industrial plants considered to be hazardous.
- RBI (Risk-Based Inspection) - calculations of the probability of damage to pressure elements as a result of corrosion or erosion - part 4 (27)
The next part of the series of articles on pressure equipment risk modeling using the RGI methodology is devoted to the calculation of the probability of damage resulting from the impact of degradation mechanisms causing corrosion or erosion pressure components of equipment.
- FFS (Fitness for Service) - assessment of a pipeline with a local corrosion loss - part 3 (32)
In last year's editions of the "Inspektor" bulletin, a number of articles related to the fitness for service methodology were published. This subject is becoming more and more popular among the magazine's readers, so it is worth sharing the experiences of the inspectors of the Office of Technical Inspection in this field. The article discusses the problem of local corrosion loss detected in a pipe bend.
- National Refrigeration Forum - interview with President Grzegorz Michalski (39)
Cooling processes have been of interest to people for many centuries. It quickly became clear that natural methods for this were insufficient, but it was only two centuries ago that the production of cold by artificial means began.
- Selection of a lift installation in an existing building - expertise - part 3 (43)
The scope of the third part of the expertise is an analysis of the energy efficiency of the new lift. How important this topic is can be seen thanks to the changes introduced in Polish law. The announcement of the Minister of Energy of November 23, 2016 on the detailed list of projects aimed at improving energy efficiency, indicates that the energy efficiency of buildings is no longer limited to thermal modernization and replacement of heat sources.
- Amendments to the act on electromobility and alternative fuels - part 1 (45)
The amendment to the act on electromobility and alternative fuels, adopted on December 2, 2021 , entered into force on December 24, 2021 and introduced a number of changes in the field of electromobility . It is very important both for the Office of Technical Inspection and entities operating charging stations, as well as for the users of electric cars themselves. The scope of the amendment to the act, on the one hand, introduces new legal regulations for entities operating in the field of electromobility , and on the other, it clarifies the already existing provisions.
- World standards for pressure equipment - requirements for materials and inspection of plastic pipelines reinforced with glass fiber based on the PN-EN ISO 14692 standard (48)
The article presents the PN-EN ISO 14692 standard for glass fiber reinforced plastic pipelines. The standard was developed by the ISO / TC 67 Technical Committee. In Poland, the Technical Committee No. 31 for Oil and Gas Mining is responsible for the standard in the Polish Committee for Standardization.
- Events (53)
UDT Inspektor (TIA Inspector) - the whole list