Lekarz Medycyny Pracy (Doctor of Occupational Medicine) 2019/03
- Category: Lekarz Medycyny Pracy
- Published: Monday, 01 April 2019 16:43
- Written by Editor
- Hits: 1012
- Review of new legal acts in the field of occupational medicine - January 2019 (1)
- Decree of the Minister of Infrastructure of 30 January 2019 on the publication of a uniform text of the Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure and Development on health requirements, medical and psychological tests and assessment of physical and mental fitness of persons applying for a driver's certificate or preservation of its validity
- Announcement of the Marshal of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland of January 17, 2019 regarding the publication of a uniform text of the Act on Drivers of Vehicles
- Announcement of the Marshal of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland of February 1, 2019 regarding the publication of a uniform text of the Act on Medical Committees reporting to the minister in charge of internal affairs
- Announcement of the Marshal of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland of 1 February 2019 regarding the publication of a uniform text of the Act on basic health care
- Regulation of the Minister of Health of February 27, 2019 amending the ordinance on the qualifications of physicians entitled to issue medical judgments to the health condition and the scope and frequency of required medical examinations necessary to obtain these judgments
- Work in exposure to tobacco smoke and bronchial asthma (3)
Under heading 6 of the list of occupational diseases, there is bronchial asthma. Does the fact of employment by an employee in conditions of exposure to tobacco smoke can prejudge the diagnosis of this occupational disease? Can tobacco smoke be considered as a factor causing bronchial asthma, or can it only be a factor that exacerbates the course of pulmonary diseases?
- Determination of the vibrating unit at the turner (5)
Under item 22.1 there is a professional disease - vibration syndrome: a vasomotor. In which case is it possible to identify this type of occupational disease in an employee employed as a turner? Does the fact that the physician does not know the machine builder's manual on which the employee with suspected occupational disease has worked may determine that the medical certificate issued by him is defective?
- Fatigue at work - its causes and effects (6)
Fatigue is a common phenomenon. He is accompanying us both in professional work and in all non-professional activities. It is a physiological reaction that protects the body, because it signals the appearance of disturbances in its functioning as a result of overloading the system with too intensive or long-lasting work. However, it is difficult to evaluate it and indicate ways to counteract it. Fatigue is not a homogeneous phenomenon. But what are its causes and what can be the effects of fatigue at work?
- Human factor in road safety - driver fatigue a factor in the deterioration of road safety (10)
The factor causing the increase of road accidents and accidents is, among others distracting the driver's attention as a result of which the most common is the detachment of the eyes from the road or hands from the steering wheel. The driver may be distracted by: talking on the phone, eating, smoking while driving, but also psychophysical fatigue.
- Berylliosis. A rarely occurring occupational disease, probably recognized in Poland almost 100% as sarcoidosis (12)
Beryl is a silvery-white, brittle metal used in many branches of industry, and known to mankind for over 4,000 years. Apart from the rather isolated applications such as the construction of nuclear reactors or military-space technologies, it is used in the production of metal alloys with high resistance to high temperatures, corrosion and sparks, it is also used in dental prosthetics, computer components, X-ray equipment, devices microwave and specialist ceramics.
- Question to the Editor (15)