Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2018/12
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Tuesday, 18 December 2018 16:39
Written by Editor
- Local reports (2)
- The success of the Polish Returns program
- PLN 16 million for extremely gifted students
- PLN 400 million for the winners of the OPUS 15 and PRELUDIUM 15 competitions
- National Competition for Improvement of Working Conditions - resolution of 46 editions (3)
November 30 this year in the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Policy there was a ceremony of awarding prizes to the winners of the 46th edition of the National Competition for Improvement of Working Conditions.
- Stress opens the gates for the disease. Conference, 13/11/2018, Warsaw (4)
Over half of Europeans feel work-related stress, and it has to be emphasized that this is not only an individual's problem, but also the whole organization as well as society. Professional stress translates into higher absenteeism rates, an increase in the number of accidents and injuries, as well as so-called giftism, or ineffective presence at work (otherwise: mental absence).
- An Inconvenient Life for Older Employees (6)
Increasingly, we have a situation in Poland where older people are told explicitly that they are not keeping up with new technologies, and employers themselves say loudly that they will not invest in older people. In older employees, the involvement in the work and the level of loyalty towards employers is reduced.
- Working conditions in Poland and Europe - an overview of the results of European surveys (8)
Continuously raising the level of working conditions is the key to achieving the success of a sustainable development strategy. The Eurofound Foundation, working to improve living and working conditions, conducts pan-European surveys such as the European Business Survey and the European Working Conditions Survey at regular intervals. The article is to present selected results of these studies referring to such issues as physical and social work environment, flexibility of working time, availability of training or satisfaction with working conditions in both Poland and the European Union.
- The perspective of the life cycle and the aging of employees in the aspect of public policy (12)
Demographic changes of European societies affect the aging of employees and changes in their professional paths. Member States and EU agencies take measures to counter the negative consequences of an aging workforce. The article aims to answer the question about the importance and application of the life-cycle perspective in the practice of the activities of EU agencies. The first part outlines the problem of aging of employees. Next, the perspective of the life cycle was presented as a theoretical concept in the field of social policy and its reference to aging. The next part discusses the legal and programmatic legitimacy and actions taken by four European Union agencies, having in their fields of expertise fields related to the aging of employees. The summary foresees future trends in policy development for these phenomena and formulates arguments for the necessity of their holistic approach.
- Working conditions in selected hospital rooms - results of pilot studies on noise, lighting and microclimate (17)
The paper presents the assessment of three physical factors of the work environment, i.e. noise, lighting and microclimate in selected rooms of the hospital. The examination rooms have been selected in cooperation with OSH service employees. Measurements of quantities characterizing noise, lighting and microclimate were carried out in the operating room and in the sterilization and pathomorphology rooms. To this end, the measurement methods specified in the standards have been applied. On the basis of the results of pilot studies, it was found that noise limits were exceeded in the area of nuisance and the need to improve the lighting intensity in the operating room, the sterilization room and the histological laboratory. With regard to the microclimate in the operating room and the rooms of sterilization, the requirements of thermal comfort are met, assuming low physical activity of employees, while in the pathomorphology room, there is a need for changes in this factor.
- Falls from a height at the construction site due to improper use of collective protection measures (22)
The article presents an analysis of accidents caused by falls from heights, examined by the National Labor Inspectorate in 2013-2017. The incidents were analyzed taking into account irregularities related to the use of collective protection measures. 121 events were selected for detailed studies due to the absence or non-application of collective protection measures. 10 typical construction works and selected activities performed during accidents were indicated. presents a statistical analysis of accidents caused by various irregularities in the use of collective protection measures, citing selected descriptions of these events. It was emphasized that collective protection measures against falling from heights in construction are an effective preventive technical solution that does not cause any physical strain on employees and that they do not cause discomfort during work. Therefore, the provisions give them priority in applying before personal protective equipment.
- Awards in the photographic and film competition O!SIGNS OF WORK 2018 (26)
O! SIGNS OF WORK is a photo and film competition, the aim of which is to promote artistic talents, to inspire discussions on contemporary challenges related to work and to probe imaginations about the contemporary understanding of work safety.
- Awards Halina Krahelska presented. XXV final of the National Labor Inspectorate competition (27)
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Various ways of prevention (28)
At the meeting of the Labor Protection Council, which took place on November 20, the activities of the Social Insurance Institution and the Agricultural Social Insurance Fund aimed at reducing the number of accidents at work and occupational diseases were discussed. The main goal of these activities is to maintain the human ability to work throughout the entire period of professional activity.
- Latte notes (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- State examinations for licenses, qualifications certificates and permissions entered into them - new regulation
- Work on the operation of tower cranes and quick-assembly cranes - a new regulation
- We answer readers' questions (31)
- When retiring in February 2019 - details of the retirement pension from OFE, the so-called capital
- When will the right to a periodic retirement come to an end and how is the amount of a planned retirement from the reformed system determined?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list